Global Head of Research & Development (f/m)
Business Unit Liquid Purification Technologies in Cologne, Germany – LX2940
LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR 9,7 billion in 2017 and currently around 19.200 employees in 25 countries. The company is currently represented at 74 production sites worldwide.
The Business Unit Liquid Purification Technologies is a leading global manufacturer of ion exchange resins and reverse osmosis membranes. Our aim is to provide our customers with state-of-the-art, high-quality products as well as expertise in all technical applications. Lewatit® and Lewabrane® are our main brands.
In this position you report to the Head of the Business Unit (BU) and as member of the Management Team you contribute to the steering of the BU´s business
- Global responsibility for all Research & Development activities of the Business Unit LPT
- Development and implementation of R&D strategy in collaboration with Marketing, Sales, Production and Business Development
- Development of products & production processes as well as improvement of existing products across our portfolio
- Global responsibility for quality management and control as well as marketability of all products
- Analysis and evaluation of relevant competitive product and production technologies information
- Global responsibility for our R&D - QC laboratories in Germany and India, their teams, their budgets as well as their efficiency and safety
- PhD chemist with a strong background in organic and polymer chemistry
- More than 10 years of professional experience, preferably in R&D with strong knowledge of production preferably in Ion Exchange Resins and reverse osmosis membranes
- High degree of creativity, self-initiative, good leadership and motivational skills
- Willingness for international travel and excellent knowledge of English, oral and written
- Interdisciplinary team-player